4. ELIGIBILITYBY USING THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND ARE OTHERWISE LEGALLY QUALIFIED TO ENTER INTO AND FORM CONTRACTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. Any individual using the Website or Services on behalf of a company further represents and warrants that they are authorized to act and enter into contracts on behalf of that company. This Agreement is void where prohibited.
5. LICENSESubject to Your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, WREK grants You a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, revocable as stated in this Agreement, non-transferable license to use the Website and Services. The Website, or any portion of the Website, may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, modified, sold, resold, distributed, transmitted, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of WREK. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by WREK. Without limitation, this Agreement grants You no rights in or to the intellectual property of WREK or any other party, except as expressly set forth herein. The license granted in this section is conditioned on Your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Your rights under this section will immediately terminate in the event that You breach, actually or potentially in the sole judgment of WREK, any provision of this Agreement.
6. NO RELIANCE ON THIRD-PARTY CONTENTThe information on the Website is provided for matching purposes only. WREK does not review or warrant the contents of any links to the Website or on the Website. WREK is not responsible for any material or information contained in linked sites or provided by sponsors. Opinions, advice, statements, or other information made available by means of the Website and Services by third-parties, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. WREK does not: (i) guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any third-party information accessible on or through the Website; or (ii) adopt, endorse, or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made by a third-party by means of the Website and Services. Under no circumstances will WREK be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on information or other content posted on the Website or transmitted to or by any third-party.
7. ASSUMPTION OF RISK; RELEASEYOU KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL RISK WHEN USING THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES. YOU, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF, YOUR PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, AND YOUR HEIRS, HEREBY VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS, DEFEND, AND INDEMNIFY WREK AND ITS STOCKHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, CONSULTANTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUBLICENSEES, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “WREK PARTIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, OR LOSSES FOR BODILY INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, WRONGFUL DEATH, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF PRIVACY, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR HARM, WHETHER TO YOU OR TO THIRD PARTIES, THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES.
8. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIPBy using the Website and Services, You hereby warrant and represent that You understand that there is no attorney-client relationship between You and WREK whatsoever. WREK should not be used as a substitute for legal counsel.
Information obtained through WREK is not to be construed or interpreted as legal advice. Any information you submit to or through this website will not be protected by attorney-client privilege, because WREK is not Your attorney, nor is WREK holding itself out as Your attorney. WREK does not offer legal advice, recommendations, mediation or counseling under any circumstance. The determination of whether a user needs legal services and a user’s choice of a lawyer should not be based on websites or advertisements.
As stated throughout the Website, and without limitation, WREK provides paid attorney/advocate advertisements, and a fee is paid by participating attorneys and advocates. The Website is not an attorney referral service or prepaid legal services plan. An automated matching system will match each request with a member attorney/advocate representing the specific geography. The Website and Services are privately owned and operated. The Website and Services are not affiliated with or endorsed by Social Security Administration or any other government agency. Special State Disclaimers Regarding Specialty Areas of
Practice: Alabama: No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. Alabama Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 7.2(e) (1997)
Alaska: The Alaska Bar Association does not accredit or endorse certifying organizations. Alaska Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 7.4(a)(2) (1998).
Colorado: Colorado does not certify attorneys as specialists in any field.
Florida: The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask request free written information about a firm’s qualifications and experience. Florida Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 4-7.2(d) (1997).
Hawaii: There is no procedure for review or approval of specialist certification organizations in Hawaii. Hawaii Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 7.4(c) (1997).
Illinois: The Supreme Court of Illinois does not recognize certifications of specialties in the practice of law and that the certificate, award or recognition is not a requirement to practice law in Illinois. Illinois Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 7.4(c)(2) (1997).
Iowa: The determination of the need for legal services and the choice of a lawyer are extremely important decisions and should not be based solely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. This disclosure is required by rule of the Supreme Court of Iowa. Memberships and offices in legal fraternities and legal societies, technical and professional licenses, and memberships in scientific, technical and professional associations and societies of law or field of practice do not mean that a lawyer is a specialist or expert in a field of law, nor do they mean that such a lawyer is necessarily any more expert or competent than any other lawyer. A description or indication of limitation of practice does not mean that any agency or board has certified such lawyer as a specialist or expert in an indicated field of law practice, nor does it mean that such lawyer is necessarily any more expert or competent than any other lawyer. All potential clients are urged to make their own independent investigation and evaluation of any lawyer being considered. This notice is required by rule of the Supreme Court of Iowa. See Iowa Code of Professional Responsibility DR 2-101(A), DR 2-101(C), DR 2-105(A)(3)(c) (1997).
Kentucky and Oregon: THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT. Massachusetts: If a Massachusetts lawyer holds himself or herself out as “certified” in a particular service, field or area of law by a non-governmental body, the certifying organization is a private organization, whose standards for certification are not regulated by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. See Massachusetts Code of Professional Responsibility DR 2-105(B) (1997).
Mississippi: The Mississippi Supreme Court advises that a decision on legal services is important and should not be based solely on advertisements. Free Background information is available upon request to a Mississippi attorney. The listing of any area of practice by a Mississippi attorney does not indicate any certification of expertise therein. See Mississippi Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 7.2(d), Rule 7.4(a), Rule 7.6(a) (1997).
Missouri: Neither the Supreme Court of Missouri nor the Missouri Bar reviews or approves certifying organizations or specialist designations. Missouri Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 7.4 (1997).
Nevada: The State Bar of Nevada does not certify any lawyer as a specialist or expert. Nevada Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 198 (1997).
New Jersey: Any certification as a specialist, or any certification in a field of practice, that does not state that such certification has been granted by the Supreme Court of New Jersey or by an organization that has been approved by the American Bar Association, indicates that the certifying organization has not been approved, or has been denied approval, by the Supreme Court of New Jersey and the American Bar Association. See New Jersey Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 7.4(b) (1997).
New Mexico: Any certification by an organization other than the New Mexico Board of Legal Specialization does not constitute recognition by the New Mexico Board of Legal Specialization, unless the lawyer is also recognized by the board as a specialist in that area of law. See New Mexico Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 16-704(D) (1997).
Rhode Island: The Rhode Island Supreme Court licenses all lawyers in the general practice of law. The court does not license or certify any lawyer as an expert or specialist in any field of practice. Rhode Island Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 7.4 (1998).
Tennessee: Unless otherwise indicated, Tennessee attorneys are not certified as specialists by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization in the areas of practice listed on their profiles. See Tennessee Code of Professional Responsibility DR 2-101(C)(3) (1998).
Texas: Unless otherwise indicated, Texas attorneys are Not Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in the areas of practice listed on their profiles. See Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 7.04(b)(3) (1999).
Washington: The Supreme Court of Washington does not recognize certification of specialties in the practice of law. Any certificate, award, or recognition by a group, organization or association used by a Washington attorney to describe his or her qualifications as a lawyer or qualifications in any subspecialty of law is not a requirement to practice law in the State of Washington. See Washington Rules of Professional Responsibility Rule 7.4(b) (1997).
Wyoming: The Wyoming State Bar does not certify any lawyer as a specialist or expert. Anyone considering a lawyer should independently investigate the lawyer’s credentials and ability, and not rely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. Wyoming Rules of Professional Conduct for Attorneys at Law Rule 7.4 (1997).
9. CONSENT TO RECEIVE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS FROM WREK Without limitation, by providing your name, email, postal or residential address, and/or phone number through the Website, you hereby expressly consent to receive electronic communications, over the short term and periodically, including email and short-message service (“SMS” or “text message”) communications from WREK regarding the Services, new product offers, promotions, and other matters. You may opt-out of receiving electronic communications at any time by (a) following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each electronic communication; or (b) sending an email to email@example.com.
10. CONSENT TO RECEIVE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS FROM WREK PARTNER ADVOCATES AND ATTORNEYSWithout limitation, by providing your name, email, postal or residential address, and/or phone number through the Website, you hereby consent to receive and openly and knowingly solicit electronic communications, including email and SMS communications, from WREK’s partner advocacies and attorneys regarding their services, including offers, promotions, and other related matters. You may opt-out of receiving electronic communications at any time by (a) following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each communication; or (b) sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITESThe Website is linked with the websites of third parties (“Third-Party Websites”), some of whom may have established relationships with WREK and some of whom may not. WREK does not have control over the content and performance of Third-Party Websites. WREK has not reviewed, and cannot review or control, all of the material, including computer software or other goods or services, made available on or through third-party websites. Accordingly, WREK does not represent, warrant, or endorse any third-party website, or the accuracy, currency, content, fitness, lawfulness, or quality of the information, material, goods, or services available through third-party websites. WREK disclaims, and you agree to assume, all responsibility and liability for any damages or other harm, whether to you or to third parties, resulting from your use of third-party websites.
12. PROHIBITED USESWREK imposes certain restrictions on Your use of the Website and the Services. You represent and warrant that you will not: (a) “stalk” or otherwise harass any person, or contact any person who has requested not to be contacted; (b) provide false, misleading or inaccurate information to WREK or any WREK partner; (c) impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity; (d) while, using the Website and Services, use “ad blocking” software or similar built-in web browser options designed to hide, block or prevent the proper display of online advertising; (e) modify or change the placement and location of any advertisement appearing on the Website; (f) harvest or otherwise collect information about WREK users, including email addresses and phone numbers; (g) use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars, or intelligent agents) to harvest or otherwise collect information from the Website for any use, including without limitation use on third-party websites; (h) access content or data not intended for You, or log onto a server or account that You are not authorized to access; (i) attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Services, the Website, or any associated system or network, or breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (j) interfere or attempt to interfere with the use of the Website or Services by any other user, host, or network, including, without limitation by means of submitting a virus, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing”; (k) use the Website or Services to send unsolicited e-mail, including without limitation promotions or advertisements for products or services; (l) forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any uploading or posting to, or transmission, display, performance or distribution by means of, the Website or Services; or (m) attempt to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by the WREK Parties in providing the Website or Services, including without limitation any fraudulent effort to modify software or any other technological mechanism the use to measure the number of impressions generated by WREK’s Website. Any violation of this section may subject You to civil and/or criminal liability.
13. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
(a) Compliance with Law You represent and warrant that, when using the Website and Services, You will obey the law and respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Website and Services is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property generally. You agree not to upload, post, transmit, display, perform, or distribute any content, information or other materials in violation of any third-party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. YOU HEREBY REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE OWNER OF ANY USER CONTENT THAT YOU SUBMIT TO THE WEBSITE. YOU SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY VIOLATIONS OF ANY LAWS AND FOR ANY INFRINGEMENTS OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS CAUSED BY YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES. COMPANY BEARS THE SOLE BURDEN OF PROVING THAT CONTENT, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIALS DO NOT VIOLATE ANY LAWS OR THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS.
(b) Trademarks WREK and the “WREK logo” (collectively, the “WREK Marks”) are trademarks or registered trademarks of Consumer Intel Solutions, LLC. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics, logos, and domain names appearing on the Website may be the trademarks of third-parties. Neither Your use of the Website and Services nor this Agreement grant You any right, title or interest in or to, or any license to reproduce or otherwise use, the WREK Marks or any third-party trademarks, service marks, graphics, logos, or domain names. You agree that any goodwill in the WREK Marks generated as a result of Your use of the Website and Services will inure to the benefit of Consumer Intel Solutions, LLC, and You agree to assign, and hereby do assign, all such goodwill to Consumer Intel Solutions, LLC. You shall not at any time, nor shall You assist others to, challenge Consumer Intel Solutions, LLC’s right, title, or interest in or to, or the validity of, the WREK Marks.
(c) Copyrighted Materials; Copyright Notice All content and other materials available through the Website and Services, including without limitation the WREK logo, design, text, graphics, and other files, and the selection, arrangement, and organization thereof, are either owned by Consumer Intel Solutions, LLC’s or are the property of Consumer Intel Solutions, LLC’s licensors and suppliers. Except as explicitly provided, neither Your use of the Website and Services nor this Agreement grant You any right, title, or interest in or to any such materials.
(d) DMCA Policy As WREK asks others to respect WREK’s intellectual property rights, WREK respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe content located on or linked-to by the Website violates Your copyright, you are encouraged to please immediately notify WREK by means of emailed notice (“Infringement Notice”), providing the information described herein. If WREK takes action in response to an Infringement Notice, it will make a good faith attempt to contact the party that made such content available by means of the most recent email address, if any, provided by such party to WREK. Please be advised that you may be held liable for damages based on certain material misrepresentations contained in an Infringement Notice. Thus, if you are not sure content located on or linked-to by the Website infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney. All Infringement Notices should include the following: 1. A signature, electronic or physical, of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
2. An identification of the copyright claimed to have been infringed;
3. A description of the nature and location of the material that you claim to infringe your copyright, in sufficient detail to permit WREK to find and positively identify that material;
4. Your name, address, telephone number and email address; and
5. A statement by you: (i) that you believe in good faith that the use of the material that you claim to infringe your copyright is not authorized by law, or by the copyright owner or such owner’s agent; and, (ii) under penalty of perjury, that all of the information contained in your Infringement Notice is accurate, and that you are either the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
Infringement Notices should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line “DMCA Notice – WREK”. WREK will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the offending material or disabling all links to the offending material.
14. DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
(a) NO WARRANTIES.
WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INFORMATION REGARDING OUR ATTORNEY AND ADVOCATE SPONSORS HAS BEEN PROVIDED BY THE SPONSORS AND HAS NOT BEEN VERIFIED BY LAWSCOUT.COM. LAWSCOUT.COM DOES NOT WARRANT THE VALIDITY OF THE INFORMATION, NOR DOES IT GUARANTEE THE QUALITY OF THE WORK PRODUCT. THE DETERMINATION OF THE NEED FOR LEGAL SERVICES AND THE CHOICE OF A LAWYER ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT DECISIONS AND SHOULD NOT BE BASED SOLELY UPON ADVERTISEMENTS OR SELF-PROCLAIMED EXPERTISE. A DESCRIPTION OR INDICATION OF LIMITATION OF PRACTICE BY A LAWYER DOES NOT MEAN THAT ANY AGENCY OR BOARD HAS CERTIFIED SUCH LAWYER AS A SPECIALIST OR EXPERT IN ANY INDICATED FIELD OF LAW PRACTICE, NOR DOES IT MEAN THAT SUCH LAWYER IS NECESSARILY ANY MORE EXPERT OR COMPETENT THAN ANY OTHER LAWYER. ALL POTENTIAL CLIENTS ARE URGED TO MAKE THEIR OWN INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION AND EVALUATION OF ANY LAWYER BEING CONSIDERED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WREK, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE WEBSITE, ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, NO ENCUMBRANCE, OR TITLE, IN ADDITION TO ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. NEITHER WREK NOR ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. THE LIABILITY OF WREK FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE FURNISHING OF SERVICES PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELAYS, TORTIOUS CONDUCT, ERRORS, OR OTHER DEFECTS, REPRESENTATIONS, OR ARISING OUT OF THE FAILURE TO THE FURNISH SERVICES, WHETHER CAUSED BY ACTS OF COMMISSION OR OMISSION, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGE OCCURRING, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. WREK SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS OR LOST REVENUES), WHETHER CAUSED BY THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF WREK, WREK PARTIES, OR WREK USERS, OR THEIR AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES.
(b) YOUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE; BACKUP OF DATA
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU WILL NOT HOLD WREK OR ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, AS APPLICABLE, RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO ANY OF YOUR COMPUTERS OR DATA. THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS, OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. IMPORTANTLY, YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT A CATASTROPHIC DISK FAILURE OR OTHER EVENT COULD RESULT IN THE LOSS OF ALL OF THE DATA RELATED TO YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO BACKUP YOUR DATA TO YOUR PERSONAL COMPUTER OR EXTERNAL STORAGE DEVICE AND TO ENSURE SUCH BACKUPS ARE SECURE.
1. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THE LIABILITY OF WREK AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS IS LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT SHALL WREK OR ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, LOSS OF PRIVACY, COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES OR OF ANY ADVICE OR NOTICE GIVEN TO WREK OR ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES. THIS LIMITATION SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY OR FORM OF ACTION. ADDITIONALLY, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF WREK AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS TO YOU UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL BE $50.00. YOU AGREE THAT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY REPRESENTS A REASONABLE ALLOCATION OF RISK AND IS A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN WREK AND YOU. THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS.
THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS AND LIMITATIONS DO NOT IN ANY WAY LIMIT ANY OTHER DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES OR ANY OTHER LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IN ANY OTHER AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND WREK OR BETWEEN YOU AND ANY OF WREK’S LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. UNLESS LIMITED OR MODIFIED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS AND LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. WREK’S LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS ARE INTENDED THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARIES OF THESE DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS, AND LIMITATIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE SHALL ALTER ANY OF THE DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS STATED IN THIS SECTION.
15. YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIESWithout limitation, You represent and warrant that Your use of the Website and Services will be in accordance with this Agreement and any other WREK policies, and with any applicable laws or regulations.
16. INDEMNITY BY YOUWithout limiting any indemnification provision of this Agreement, You (the “Indemnitor”) agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless WREK and the WREK Parties (collectively, the “Indeminitees”) from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, causes of action, and other proceedings (collectively, “Claims”), including but not limited to legal costs and fees, and providing sole and exclusive control of the defense of any action to WREK, including the choice of legal counsel and all related settlement negotiations, arising out of or relating to: (i) the relationship between You and WREK, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory; (ii) Your breach of this Agreement, including without limitation any representation or warranty contained in this Agreement; (iii) Your access to or use of the Website or Services; (iv) Your provision to WREK or any of the Indemnitees of information or other data; or (v) Your violation or alleged violation of any foreign or domestic, international, federal, state, or local law or regulation; or (vi) Your violation or alleged violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
The Indemnitees each have the individual right, but not the obligation, to participate through counsel of their choice in any defense by You of any Claim as to which You are required to defend, indemnify, or hold harmless any, each, and/or all Indeminitees. You may not settle any Claim without the prior written consent of the concerned Indemnified Parties.
Without limitation, the Indemnitor also hereby agrees to compensate WREK for any and all lost revenues, future lost profits, and reasonable search costs and any other reasonable expenses resulting from any Indemnitor violation of Section 18 of this Agreement (Prohibited Uses), including without limitation, any suspension of affiliate accounts or affiliate payment attributable to fraudulent efforts to manipulate or otherwise modify reported impressions generated by the WREK Parties under any affiliate advertising agreement.
17. GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION AND VENUE
(a) 1-Year Limitations Period ANY CAUSE OF ACTION BY YOU ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE WEBSITE, SERVICES, OR THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE INSTITUTED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE OR BE FOREVER WAIVED AND BARRED. ALL ACTIONS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN ABOVE.
(b) Binding Arbitration If You and WREK cannot resolve a Claim through negotiations, either party may elect to have the Claim finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. Any election to arbitrate by one party shall be final and binding on the other(s). YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WITHOUT THIS PROVISION, YOU WOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT WITH A JURY TRIAL OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), as modified by this Agreement, available at the AAA website www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. Except as otherwise provided for herein, WREK will pay the AAA filing, administration, and arbitrator fees. If, however, the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedures 11(b)), then the payment of all such fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In that case, You hereby agree to reimburse WREK for all payments disbursed that are your obligation to reimbursed under the AAA Rules. If you are unable to pay the arbitration fee, WREK will pay it directly upon receiving a written request and a sworn statement that you are unable to pay. The arbitrator is bound by the terms of this Agreement. All issues are for the arbitrator to resolve, except that issues relating to the enforceability of the arbitration provision for a Court of Competent Jurisdiction to resolve. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through document submission, through telephone, or online. The arbitrator will issue a decision in writing, but need only provide a statement of reasons if requested by a party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. WREK may litigate to compel arbitration in court, to stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to modify, confirm, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
(c) Restrictions Against Joinder of Claims You and WREK agree that any arbitration shall be limited to each Claim individually. YOU AND WREK HEREBY AGREE THAT EACH MAY ONLY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER IN YOUR OR WREK’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then, to the full extent allowable under applicable law, (1) no arbitration shall be joined with any other arbitration, and (2) there is no right for any Claim to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or to employ class action procedures, and (3) there is no right of authority for any dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf either of the general public or any other individuals.
(d) Remedies in Aid of Arbitration; Equitable Relief This agreement to arbitrate will not preclude You or WREK from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration, including without limitation orders to stay a court action, compel arbitration or confirm an arbitral award, from a Court of Competent Jurisdiction. Furthermore, this agreement to arbitrate will not preclude You or WREK from applying to a court of competent jurisdiction for a temporary restraining order, preliminary injunction, or other interim or conservatory relief, as necessary. As used herein, “Court of Competent Jurisdiction” means any federal or state court: (1) that has jurisdiction over the subject matter; and (2) that is located in the State of Colorado.
(e) Laws of the State of Colorado This Agreement, including without limitation this Agreement’s interpretation, shall be treated as though this Agreement were executed and performed in the State of Colorado and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado without regard to its conflict of law principles. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party. THE PROPER VENUE FOR ANY JUDICIAL ACTION ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN OR NEAREST TO DENVER, COLORADO. THE PARTIES HEREBY STIPULATE TO, AND AGREE TO WAIVE ANY OBJECTION TO, THE PERSONAL JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF SUCH COURTS, AND FURTHER EXPRESSLY SUBMIT TO EXTRATERRITORIAL SERVICE OF PROCESS.
(a) BY WREK WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, WREK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO, IN WREK’S SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, DENY USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON AT ALL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR ANY BREACH OR SUSPECTED BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION.
(b) AUTOMATIC TERMINATION UPON BREACH BY YOU This Agreement shall automatically terminate in the event that You breach any of this Agreement’s representations, warranties, or covenants. Such termination shall be automatic, and shall not require any action by WREK.
(c) BY YOU You may terminate this Agreement and Your rights hereunder at any time, for any or no reason at all, by providing to WREK notice of Your intention to do so, in the manner required by this Agreement.
(d) EFFECT OF TERMINATION Any termination of this Agreement automatically terminates all rights and licenses granted to You under this Agreement, including all rights to use the Website and Services. Upon termination, WREK may, but has no obligation to, in WREK’s sole discretion, rescind any services and/or delete from WREK’s systems all Your Personal Information and any other files or information that You made available to WREK or that otherwise relate to Your use of the Website or Services. Upon termination, You shall cease any use of the Website and Services. Subsequent to termination, WREK reserves the right to exercise whatever means it deems necessary to prevent Your unauthorized use of the Website and Services, including without limitation technological barriers such as IP blocking and direct contact with Your Internet Service Provider.
(e) LEGAL ACTION If WREK, in WREK’s discretion, takes legal action against You in connection with any actual or suspected breach of this Agreement, WREK will be entitled to recover from You as part of such legal action, and You agree to pay, WREK’s reasonable costs and attorneys’ fees incurred as a result of such legal action. The WREK Parties will have no legal obligation or other liability to You or to any third party arising out of or relating to any termination of this Agreement.
(f) SURVIVAL Upon termination, all rights and obligations created by this Agreement will terminate, except that Sections 1, 2, 4-8, and 11-21 will survive any termination of this Agreement.